We’re looking for a Paint process improvement intern to join our Manufacturing Operations team in our Winterswijk factory.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Paint process improvement intern you’ll working on improvements in our factory, by using the Lean methodology, focused specifically on the painting process.
This role is part of Customization site Winterswijk, responsible to develop, industrialize and deliver customized products to customers in Europe. Its responsibilities are at the heart of the engineer-to-order flows in BG Professional Europe. This challenging & dynamic organization is committed to growth and finding new opportunities , so entrepreneurship must be in your DNA.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
• Investigate the different processes within our paint department (powdercoating, wiring, programming)
• Identify the waste within these processes based on a LEAN approach
• Help with implementing (small) improvement steps within the department
• Create business cases for the larger improvements identified
• To be a bachelor student in smart technology or business studies
• To be entrepreneurial,be pro-active and take initiative
• To always strive for the best results
• To be able to translate theoretical knowledge to daily practise
• To be able to communicate on different levels within the organization (production till management)
What you’ll get in return…
• You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation (also towards rented accommodation or public transportation)
• The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month
• Opportunity to buy Signify products with tax benefit
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
• EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
• Non-EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be a compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to have a letter from the university in which it states that your internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals are and what tasks you will undertake during your internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
• Non-EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be a compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get the official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.